Details required according to Law 3691/2008 and decision no. 281/5/17.3.2009 of the Bank of Greece Banking and Credit Committee, as applicable.
(1) Full name and father’s name • Identity Card
(2) Identity card or passport number • Valid passport
(3) Issuing authority • Law Enforcement and Armed Forces personnel identity card
(4) Date and place of birth
(5) Customer Income • Income tax slip (for natural persons)
(6) VAT Registration Number • Income tax return, including submission receipt and tax payment note (for legal persons and trading professionals)
• Certificate on no requirement to submit a tax return (when either of the above two documents is not available)
(7) Current home address • Recent utility bill
(8) Telephone number • Home or business premises lease contract, filed to a tax office
(9) Profession and current business address • Valid foreigner’s residence permit
• Employer’s certificate
• Copy of latest salary statement
• Certificate of profession
• Professional Identity Card
• Social Insurance Institution Receipt
10) Customer signature sample --------------
The documents mentioned in the previous page should be produced in their original form, while banks are required to request regular updating and maintain copies thereof.
Depending on the transaction type and amount, the documents your bank will request may differ.
It is, therefore, possible that additional details and information may be requested, including:
• VAT returns, invoices, bills of lading, ownership titles, lease or sale contracts;
• information on the purpose and nature of your business relationship with the bank;
• information about your economic/transaction profile, and/or
• other information.
When acting on behalf of a third party, in addition to your identification details you will have to provide similar identification details of such third (natural or legal) person. According to applicable laws, banks are required to demand these details and confirm their authenticity.
Thank you for your co-operation and the time you devoted in reading this document.
(Information from HELLENIC BANK ASSOCIATION)